web analytics
Masthead header

Minute to Win It = Best.Party.Ever.

What’s that, you say?

You’re looking for a fabulous party idea that all of your friends will love? A reason to have a few drinks, laugh a LOT and take pictures that could possibly be blackmail-worthy for the rest of your lives?

You’ve come to the right place, friends.

After all, does this not look like the best time ever

That’s my lovely older sister modeling the attire for the Elephant March, just one of the fantastically fun games we played during my younger sister’s Minute to Win It birthday party.

That’s right, Minute to Win It. As in the hit game show on NBC. Have you ever seen it? It’s fun, funny and strangely addicting to watch. As we found out, some of the games that look the simplest are really, in fact, rather impossible. But more on that later.

The party was such a great time. We literally laughed until our sides hurt. And now I’m going to show you how to host your very own fabulously fun Minute to Win It party for your friends. You can thank me later.

First things first. You need to decide which games you’d like to play. Lucky for us, the Minute to Win It website has this handy dandy list of games, including instructions and required items for each game. In case you’re a visual learner like yours truly, the site even has video of contestants performing each challenge. Brilliant!

At our party, the games we played were:

1. Defying Gravity – Keep 3 balloons off the floor for 1 minute {note: do not attempt this outside if there is even a slight breeze!}. It is WAY harder than it looks!

How to win: None of us could keep the balloons afloat for very long, but the contestants who kept them going for the longest received the most points.

2. Baby Rattle – Shake a mountain of gumballs from one 2-liter bottle to its attached 2-liter bottle. A rattle for each hand makes the challenge even more difficult!

How to win: Don’t stop shaking!

3. High as a Kite – Your kite is attached to the back of your baseball hat. You must run around for 1 minute and not let the kite hit the ground. 100% hilarious!

How to win: Don’t turn away from the wind. Your kite will dive-bomb to the ground (I might be speaking from experience on that one).

4. Elephant March – Put baseball in pantyhose leg. Put pantyhose on head. Knock over the bottles with said pantyhose/baseball combination~ but you can’t use your hands! Definitely have a camera on hand for this one.

How to win: Slow and steady~ just like an elephant!

5. Flip Your Lid – Put a cup on the edge of the table and flip it onto a bottle. Trickier than it looks, especially for a seasoned flip cup player!

How to win: Patience, patience and more patience. You’ll get it eventually!

6. A Bit Dicey – Put a popsicle stick in your mouth and balance 6 dice on top of it. The longer it takes you, the wobblier your popsicle stick gets!

How to win: Not sure if closing your eyes helps…? But I failed miserably at this challenge, so who knows, it might be worth a shot!

7. Stack Attack – Stack 36 cups into a perfect triangle shape without knocking any over. Once that is complete, put all of the cups back into a single stack– all in under 1 minute!

How to win: Take it slow~ knock one cup over and the whole stack crashes down!

8. Candelier – Start with 1 can, add paper plate, then 2 cans, add paper plate, and so on for 5 levels. The end result looks like a chandelier!

How to win: Balance is everything with this challenge. Make sure you are spacing the cans correctly!

9. Movin’ On Up – Holding a stack of blue cups with 1 red cup on the bottom, move cups one at a time to get the red cup back to the bottom of the stack.

How to win: Just keep GOING! You’ll get into a groove; don’t break it or you won’t finish in time.

For each challenge, we had two people competing against each other– it made it fun and added to the pressure! You’ll also need a stopwatch or some sort of timer {most cell phones have a timer function, so you can always use that}.

We also used a poster board to keep track of how everyone was doing, which worked out great.

You can score the games however you want, as long as you’re consistent. At the end of the night, crown your Minute to Win It champ!

I decided to make this my first Kiss List post because let’s face it…who doesn’t love to throw a good party? The Minute to Win It is a great theme that everyone can get excited about. It’s really fun and quite hilarious, especially the challenges that force you to run around looking ridiculous {ahem, Elephant March and High as a Kite}.

I can’t wait to hear about your party! Best of luck…hopefully you’ll finish much further ahead than yours truly.

Counting My Kisses: Family. Friends. Laughter. Games. All the ingredients of a memorable night and a great party!

{Note: None of the products shown in these pictures are sponsors of this blog. I also recommend checking out the legal disclaimer at the bottom of the Minute to Win It site— check with a doctor if you think a challenge might not be safe for you!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It
Back to Top*Share on Facebook*Tweet this post*69,109,97,105,108,32,77,101eM liamE
Jenna

Best. Bday. Party. Ever!!! Great recommendations!!

Corinne

That sounds awesome! You girls know how to throw a party!

mimi

That was such a fun party. Lor, Chris, Dan and you did an awesome job putting it all together. Lots of giggles and laughter until it is your turn. Suggestion to anyone who set up their own party ~~~~~ be last!! You have a definite disadvatage being first :). Thanks for the memoires.

Bridgid

How fun! I want to do the kite one right now.

[Reply]

Sounds like so much fun! Should we do it at Jenna's bridal shower? I'm just saying…

ItsaFitting

This is HYSTERICAL! I might have to have a few cocktails first though :-) Just to loosen everyone up.

countingkisses

Thanks! It was SO MUCH FUN! We definitely had a few cocktails ourselves before it started, just to get us in the Minute to Win It mood! :)

So fun!
Pinning and sharing on my FB page.

Nikki

Just found your page on Pinterest… Going to use some of these games to keep 10 kiddos entertained on New Years Eve. Thanks for sharing!

Amy

Awesome~ let me know how your New Year’s Eve party goes, Nikki!! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Amy

Thanks so much Desiree! So happy you enjoyed the Minute to Win It post, thanks for sharing it with your followers as well! :) Happy New Year!

cfitz

Love this idea!

jo

Another fun game… tie a 10 ft long string to a 1 or 2 in washer. Stand alternating boy girl boy girl. Two teams. Start feeding the washer down inside your clothes to the floor then up inside the clothes of the next person. The first team that feeds the washer and string all the way thru and back wins… ( but really everyone wins). And yes your team mates can help. Somebody usually ends up in their tightly whitey’s!

[…] Minute to Win It by Counting my Kisses […]

Amanda

I am so going to use these ideas for my family reunion next year.

joaaanna

I’m going to use some of these ideas for our family reunion. How do you connect the two-liter bottles in the Baby Rattle game?

Traci

What a great way to get the family together. This is a game that should be played with a big group. I love this idea. It looks like it has become a fun family game that should be shared with everyone!

[Reply]

I’m going to incorporate these games into an employee appreciate day at work. A relay will be held where the first person on each team moves to a card table where the first game is set up. Once they complete their task, the 2nd team member moves to a different tble where the 2nd challenge is set up. The team that completes all tasks first wins. I can’t wait to try this!!!!

Amy

We just used packing tape to connect the bottles! Duct tape would work too. :) Good luck & let me know if you have any other questions!

Amy

Oooh that is a great idea Kathy! There will be tons of laughter & fun, these games are a hoot!! Enjoy & let me know how it goes!!

[Reply]

Fun! I love the baby rattle game. Finally a purpose for all those jaw breakers I have stashed in my office!

Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

[Reply]

This is the BEST list!!!!!!

[Reply]

[…] minute to win it seemed too fun not to give into. You can find TONS of blog posts (I mainly used this one and this one, there’s more on my minute to win it pinterest board), and the actual TV show […]

Jenna

This is awesome, how did you do the scoring, also did you make teams or everyone for themselves?

jeni

You must try the minute to win it game (I can’t recall the name) you start by putting an Oreo cookie on your forehead with however many other players and first one to get the cookie from your forehead into your mouth without using no hands before the minute wins. If cookie drops you can choose if they are out or they can keep trying but start at forehead again. I choose to let them keep trying cuz then they have to dbl time it which gets even funnier lol Its hysterical to watch. Good camera blackmail moment lol

Melissa Wheeler

dumb question put are the cans filled or empty (for the chandelier game). I have a party THIS FRIDAY and need some clarification. Thanks

[Reply]

[…] Counting My Kisses played this game as part of a Minute to Win It themed party. They played loads of games but I liked this particular one because it is an easy and fun game for all ages. Read about the party games here. […]

[Reply]

[…] you watch the game show Minute To Win It?  I was reading how Counting My Kisses has their own version.  What fun they had.  She gives you the games they play and […]

[…] Minute to Win It @Counting My Kisses – Lots of fun party games […]

marsha booth

looks like so much fun next party definitlty!!! ~IT’S ON AND CRACKING~

[Reply]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

M o r e   i n f o